Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Hills are Alive…

Jon and I were walking through the paths along the farmland near our house.   We haven’t seen the sun since November it seems.  The winters are dreary, dark and wet.  During the better part of winter, when we wake up it’s dark and by about 4:00 in the afternoon it’s dark again.  So, I was so happy because it was the first day that actually seemed like Spring.  The sun was out…the snow was melting and we were the only ones on this path out in a deserted field.  So, I began to sing very loud and twirl like Maria on The Sound of Music.  Then I started singing a song that I used to sing as a little girl that reminded me of Germany.  It goes, “I love to go a wandering along the mountain track and as I go I love to sing, my knapsack on my back”.  Then I broke out very loudly with…Valderi-valdera…only to see a man directly in front of me on a ladder in a tree.  I assume that he was doing some last minute tree pruning in his field.  I’m sure that he was thinking how odd “those Americans” are.  Wie peinlich!  (how embarrassing)

1 comment:

The Herd said...

You had me laughing!!!! Just like those Americans!!! Keep singing!!! The sunshine is wonderful, eh?!!